Thursday, September 29, 2011

30 Day Challenge - Day 11

Put my iPod on shuffle, and list the first 10 songs that pop up.


Well, because I am stuck in the dark ages, I do not have an iPod.  I still use these box we used to call a radio, and these shiny silver things called CD's.  (Hey, at least I have moved on from the 90's mix tapes I grudgingly got rid of.)  But, I do have a ton of songs on my phone, so I will list the first ten that pop up there.


1.  Josh Turner, Me and God 
     Josh Turner's voice is just....yummy.
2.  Josh Abbot Band, She's Like Texas
     This song could have been written about me.
3.  Kevin Fowler, Hard Man to Love
     We played this a lot when Barb Wire Man and I were first together.  It is also the reason I call him Barb    
      Wire Man.
4.  Moron Tabernacle Choir, Be Thou My Vision
     One of the most beautiful hymns ever written.
5. David Crowder Band, Doxology
     I love this version, and I play it when I feel like belting out singing.
6.  Godsmack, I Stand Alone
     Ooops, I forgot to include this type of music in my guilty pleasure list.....
7.  Dan Folgerberg, Leader of the Band.
     This song that makes me think of my dad, and is his ringtone.
8.  Metallica, Nothing Else Matters
     Only the S&M version, though.
9.  The Cranberries, Zombie
     What!?  I loved the 90's....
10. Lynyrd Skynyrd, Simple Man
     This also happens to be my ring tone for Barb Wire Man


Music is such a part of who I am.  I'm actually working on something really cool for my anniversary blog using music.  Its not finished, and I have been working on it for a few months, but it should be neat!


A recent Facebook post got me to thinking about a few things the other day.  I'm so grateful to be able to say that I know who I am.  I know who I am as a person.  I know who I am in the Lord.  I'm thankful that I do not have to search for an identity.  I don't have to Google things I believe in order to find a theology, religion, or lifestyle that I fit into.  Instead, I know who I believe in.  I know that regardless, He will love me and transform me into who He wants me to be.  I'm not even certain I'm phrasing it correctly!


I don't have to be worried about whether or not who I am fits into a mold.  Rather, God knows I will never fit into His mold, and He calmly and lovingly forms me to fit it perfectly.


There but for the grace of God, right?


Be blessed everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading every single comment I get, and make every effort to respond to each one...as well as return the favor! I do allow anonymous comments. But, if you use anonymity to hide behind cowardly attacks on my faith or anything else, it will be deleted. Also, if your comment is lewd, vulgar, and full of potty mouth words, I will delete it. Thank you!