Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Per Mom's Request.....

My mom sent me a text (yes, a text.  We text quite a bit, until we realize it actually would be easier to just call each other) last night.  All she said was she had missed my writing.  Then I thought about how long it had actually been since I sat down to write.  Ooops.  So, I am sitting here today.  I can think of a bazillion other things I need to do, and I mean really need to do.  Like, scrub my toilets, fold laundry and mop my kitchen.

I have been knitting like a mad woman trying to get some things finished for the craft show on March 5th, and my house is really paying the price.  So, last night I decided that today would be a "knit-free day."  I put my knitting away where I wouldn't see it.  The day started off great, at 5:45.  I got a load in the laundry, dishwasher loaded, and was folding laundry by the time everyone else woke up.  The day care kids all showed up and my progress continued...until about 9am.  I admit, I started knitting.  But, I finished the back to a baby sweater I am making, so at least I accomplished something.

In the last two weeks, I have knit a pair of baby booties, a baby hat, a baby sweater (all matching), a bonnet shawl and wrist warmers, a large rectangular shawl.  I have also sewn tags into every item I have ever made, priced and inventoried over $1,000 worth of merchandise for the show.  I've also discovered that I have arthritis and/or carpel tunnel syndrome.  Freakin' awesome.  My joints hurt really badly, and I'm....not quite 30 yet.  Oh well.

I've mentioned before that the craft show I will be working in March is the one I grew up helping my grandmother with.  This is the first time I will be doing it without her.  I realized last night that the craft show is eerily and ironically one week from the 5 year anniversary of her death.  It doesn't seem like 5 years.....it seems like an eternity since the last conversation I had with her.  Time drags on when you miss someone.

Enough rambling before I start to cry.  One of my closest friends is coming to visit me today, so I should do something around the house....like, clear the laundry off the couch so she has somewhere to sit.

I promise, it won't be so long before I write again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading every single comment I get, and make every effort to respond to each one...as well as return the favor! I do allow anonymous comments. But, if you use anonymity to hide behind cowardly attacks on my faith or anything else, it will be deleted. Also, if your comment is lewd, vulgar, and full of potty mouth words, I will delete it. Thank you!