Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Busy Weeks...Rest Ahead?!

What a long few weeks it has been!

Barb Wire Man and I were able to go to a banquet a couple of weekends ago to benefit a wonderful organization called the Outdoor Adventure Foundation.  It is a wonderful organization!  We just found out about it a few weeks ago, but quickly realized that it was something we loved, and want to be apart of in a larger way.  We went with several of our friends, and had an amazing time...though the events of later in the evening do get a bit fuzzy for me.  That's another story that may or may not be told later.

Flower had been feeling a little under the weather with tummy problems.  She is queen of getting mysterious stomach aches anytime she must go to school/clean her room/unload the dishwasher, etc., so I had just brushed it off.  Even her teachers, knowing she tends to get "tummy aches" weren't terribly concerned about it.  However, on Sunday morning, we found ourselves taking her to the emergency room.  Boy, did I feel like mom of the year!  After blood tests, sonograms, and other tests, we finally found that she had a virus...H Pylori.  And boy did it kick her in the butt.  Three medications, a bland diet, and a week later, she was finally feeling back to herself.  We both learned a lesson: sometimes she really is sick, and, don't lie to mommy about being sick, because then she doesn't believe it when you really are sick!

I also started painting Flower's room this weekend!  I will post more on that later, along with pictures once it is finished, but it is a drastic change!  She is so excited to finally have a room that is hers.  It is beginning to look exactly how she envisioned it, and I couldn't be happier than to see her this happy!

Barb Wire Man has been working a lot, and I forgot how different our schedule is when Daddy is gone on the truck a lot.  We miss him, but I am thankful.  I'm thankful he has such a wonderful job, working for such great people, and I am thankful that he works so hard for our family.

I'm excited that I am going to have someone helping me out with some of my online stuff for my business!  Between the family and household stuff, the daycare, the knitting, the online business, the promotions, and the blog, I am just swamped.  I can't do it all, and for me to admit that means that I couldn't do it all a long time ago, and just wouldn't admit it!  Hopefully, with her helping me out, I will be able to get much more accomplished all around!

On the same note, I have a new Twitter account!  I was mixing my personal account with my business account, and it was starting to get a little confusing for me.  So, do me a favor?!  To keep up with the blog, and 13 Plum Knitting, please be sure to follow @13PlumCreations on Twitter!  It would mean a TON to me!


Be blessed today, and have a wonderful week!


4 comments:

  1. Following you on twitter and GFC! Nice to meet you and get to know you a little through your blog! Visiting from CAST team's Midweek Blog Blitz..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting via cast team. Following you on twitter, too! Glad your little one is OK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am now following you on twitter and came here via CAST team as well. I look forward to reading your posts. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a busy week - good move - getting some help - following you

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading every single comment I get, and make every effort to respond to each one...as well as return the favor! I do allow anonymous comments. But, if you use anonymity to hide behind cowardly attacks on my faith or anything else, it will be deleted. Also, if your comment is lewd, vulgar, and full of potty mouth words, I will delete it. Thank you!