Monday, March 21, 2011

Frustration

I typically avoid writing about any subject that has to do with politics.  Not because I don't want people to know what I think, or because I want to avoid angering people who have different views than me.  (Anyone who knows me knows I speak my mind, regardless of whether it makes people mad or not.  I avoid writeing and talking about politics because I come close to giving myself a heart attack.  I sometimes hate that I am so passionate about my beliefs!

But today, I just have to get this off my chest.  I tried drinking some hot tea and knitting, but I about exploded just thinking about it.

“Who the hell do you think you are, that you think you can talk to a man who built a country over 42 years and ask him to step down and get out? Can anybody ask you – well, there’s a lot now gonna ask you to step out of the White House because they don’t want no black face in the White House. Be careful brother how you handle this situation because it is coming to America and it’s already started. Look at Wisconsin. Look at Ohio. Look at what’s going on in your country, and remember your words, because the American people are rising against their own Government. It’s not Muslims. It’s not black people. It’s white militia that are angry with their Government and they are well-armed. Are you going to tell them “put your arms down, and let’s talk it over peacefully?” I hope so. But if not, America will be bathed in blood. . . “


This is an exact quote from Louis Farrakhan, to Obama.  Where do I start!?  


First, if someone DARED to say something like this about Farrakhan, they would be labeled a racist.  


Secondly, YES!  The American people are ANGRY!  And NO!  It is NOT just the "white militia" that is angry.  I know African-American people who are angry.  I know Hispanics who are angry.  I know German-Americans who are angry.  I would even venture to guess that if we had extra-terrestrials living in this country, they would be PISSED too!


Third, why is OK to encourage and even help the citizens of other countries rise against their leaders for change, but how dare we, as Americans, so the same?!  No one says it has to be a blood bath.  It has come to that in American history before.  People like this nimrod would really love to see it come to that, because then he could say "Told you so!!"


Fourth, did anyone, ANYONE catch that he referred to America as "YOUR country"?  Not "our country".  Not "my country", but "YOUR country".  While he lives, works, and incites anger here, he doesn't claim America as HIS country.  As bad as things seem to be getting, this is still America, and it is still a better option than most every other country in the world.


Now.  That has helped.  But, I seemed to take this one personally.  I will say this right now...I am a white, gun toting, Christian, who is incredibly furious with they way my country is heading.  But in no way would I ever condone violence as a way to solve our problems.  IN-FREAKIN-SANE.  This man is off his ever-lovin' rocker.  I'm not racist.  If he was purple, I would disagree.  If he was pink, I would disagree.  If he was a white, gun toting Christian like me, I WOULD DISAGREE.


UGH.  Just sad.  Forgive me for going off on this rant.  I will stop now, and hopefully won't feel the need to write about politics again anytime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading every single comment I get, and make every effort to respond to each one...as well as return the favor! I do allow anonymous comments. But, if you use anonymity to hide behind cowardly attacks on my faith or anything else, it will be deleted. Also, if your comment is lewd, vulgar, and full of potty mouth words, I will delete it. Thank you!