Monday, July 15, 2013

Bananas, Bananas Everywhere!

By now, you know I am a cheapskate.  I really dislike spending money, even on things we need!  So the other day I ran to the store and found bananas on sale for super cheap (30 cents per pound!), so I bought about 7 pounds.  I really should have gotten more -I don't know why I didn't! I knew there was no way my family would eat that many bananas before they went bad, but I bought them with the intention of dehydrating them.

Flower loves banana chips.  I have to make her stop eating them, but, at least they are healthy!  Little Man likes them occasionally.  Barb Wire Man doesn't love them, but I still like to keep them around.  When I make him trail mix to take in the semi, I can toss a few in there.  I can at least try to get him to eat healthy!

Early Saturday morning, Little Man and I started getting them ready.  He really doesn't care for fresh bananas as a snack, he just loves to peel them, so that was his job.  Who would have thought that giving a little boy 7 pounds of bananas to peel would keep him entertain for an hour?!  I sliced them up and put them on the dehydrator racks, sprinkled them with cinnamon, then turned on the machine.

I figured they would be finished by bedtime.

Here is is, nearly 9:00 in the morning on Sunday, and they are still not finished.  Good grief...what's the deal with these bananas!?  I still have 4 pounds of apples to turn into apple chips!

At least the house smells delicious!  What is your favorite thing to do make with bananas?

 Be blessed today

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading every single comment I get, and make every effort to respond to each one...as well as return the favor! I do allow anonymous comments. But, if you use anonymity to hide behind cowardly attacks on my faith or anything else, it will be deleted. Also, if your comment is lewd, vulgar, and full of potty mouth words, I will delete it. Thank you!