Wednesday, July 17, 2013

I am so excited today!

My sweet little girl, Flower, is almost home!!

Barb Wire Man, Little Man and I drove her down to Dallas the first part of June to fly out to South Carolina with her step-mom to visit her Dad.  While we were there, we were able to visit with Barb Wire Man's brother and his family!  I finally got to hold my adorable new nephew!

Anyhow, today, my mom and I are driving back down to Dallas to pick her up from the airport!  I'm beyond excited to get to put my arms around my baby again!  I'm also looking forward to the trip down there.  My mom and I are very close, and I could talk with her for hours.  We will be spending 6 hours in the car together, so we will have ample opportunity to chat.  It doesn't matter how old I am, how "ok" my life is, or how hard and tough I act, I still need my Mama.

Flower is so much like my mom and I.  She is incredibly close to my mom.  Flower and I also have a deep relationship.   The three of us know that when we can't talk to anyone else, we can go to each other.  The drive home is going to be full of some interesting conversation, I expect!

Back to Flower.  I know that when she is with her Dad and his family, she has a great time.  I know that she is cared for just as wonderfully as she would be at home.  Flower is blessed with a step-mom who truly loves her.  I'm very thankful that I can rest knowing that her step-mom loves and cares for her just as she does for her own daughters, and, really, considers Flower as her own.

That doesn't make me miss her any less, though!  I never feel quite right when all members of my family aren't home!  If Barb Wire Man has to spend the night in his semi, I lay awake and worry about him.  When Flower is gone, I worry about her.  I cannot wait to wrap my arms around her and get her home!

And I cannot wait to see the look on her face when she sees her newly redecorated bedroom!!  She is going to be so excited!

Having a split family like this is hard, in so many ways, on both the parents and the kids.  But, like always, we all do the best we can.  Do you send your kids to visit family for the summer?

Be blessed today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading every single comment I get, and make every effort to respond to each one...as well as return the favor! I do allow anonymous comments. But, if you use anonymity to hide behind cowardly attacks on my faith or anything else, it will be deleted. Also, if your comment is lewd, vulgar, and full of potty mouth words, I will delete it. Thank you!