Saturday, July 13, 2013

Just Another Day in Summer

I haven't written in forever, because I typically steer clear of political posts.  But, I also generally write about the things I see and hear going on around me.  As a result, I have just kept my mouth shut lately!  That's quite a feat for me, indeed.

Flower has spent most of the summer at her dad's house out in South Carolina, but thankfully she will be home in less than a week!  I know she is having fun, but, I prefer having all my little chicks in my coop.  It has given me the opportunity to completely redo her room the way she has been begging for it to be done.  Hot pink, black, white, and music.  Barb Wire Man isn't too keen on the hot pink, but such is the life when you have a 10 year old daughter!

I've been putting a ton of energy into my garden this year, too.  If you've read much of this blog, you know that I'm cheap.  I'm cheap, and I like to make sure I have lots of food in my home all the time.  And it looks like I may be canning a ton of food soon.  This year, I have squash (which is putting out faster than a rabbit), jalapenos, radishes, carrots, beets, okra, cherry tomatoes, large tomatoes, onions, strawberries, green beans, rhubarb, and okra.  Closer to the end of summer I will also put some lettuce in.  Hopefully I'm going to be able to make lots of spaghetti sauce, salsa, some pickles, and some strawberry jam!

I know it is still a ways off, but Barb Wire Man and I are also planning our 10th anniversary!  We have about 2 years, but are planning a vow renewal ceremony.  I'm sure I will write a post on it later, but the long and short of it is, we came to the conclusion that we must spend more time focusing on us.  

That's it for today.  I'm sitting outside in 100 degree weather, watching Little Man play in the kiddie pool, and Barb Wire Man will be home soon.  I'm keeping cool with a delicious beer.  Maybe several delicious beers, but that is beside the point!

Be blessed today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading every single comment I get, and make every effort to respond to each one...as well as return the favor! I do allow anonymous comments. But, if you use anonymity to hide behind cowardly attacks on my faith or anything else, it will be deleted. Also, if your comment is lewd, vulgar, and full of potty mouth words, I will delete it. Thank you!