Monday, May 9, 2011

Memory Monday

Happy Belated Mother's Day to all the mamas!!  I hope you all had a wonderful day!  I came to the realization that no matter what, moms just do not get a day off.  Ever.  I still had laundry to do and a house to clean.  If I hadn't, then I would have been working double time today!

We went to church and had a wonderful time.  Worshiping the Lord is one of my favorite things!  The church bought all the mom a long stem rose, and called the little ones up to the front to pick them up.  It was adorable!  My husband cooked supper out on the grill for me, and I made mashed potatoes and fried okra.  I had a day full of my sweet kids bringing me rocks, toys, and hand made cards, wrapped in whatever they could find as my "gifts".  Really, those are the best gifts!  Flower did try to help me clean up the kitchen a little, but she really isn't big on cleaning!

Just being with my family is enough for me.  I don't need gifts, cards, or anything special to know they love me.  My kids, and especially my husband, tell me everyday how much they love me.

I wasn't able to spend the day with my own mom.  Gas prices and really high miles on our vehicle put a damper on a lot of trips.  But, my mama knows I love her.  Of anyone I know, she has the most faith in me.  She always has, and likely always will.  In my top 5 friends in life, she is at the top.  I love her more than anything!

Today, I get to have a parent/teacher meeting at the the school for Flower.  I don't think it is anything, really, just an end-of-the-year progress report.  Flower and I are both so ready for summer....it is so close!  But, for now, I must get ready for the day.  I have too much to do!  One of these days, I won't have anything to do...no laundry, no dishes, no diapers, not a thing.  But it won't matter to much, because I am pretty sure that will only happen when I am dead!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading every single comment I get, and make every effort to respond to each one...as well as return the favor! I do allow anonymous comments. But, if you use anonymity to hide behind cowardly attacks on my faith or anything else, it will be deleted. Also, if your comment is lewd, vulgar, and full of potty mouth words, I will delete it. Thank you!