Monday, May 16, 2011

What a Weekend!

The weekend is something I had really been needing, and for the first time in a long time, I woke up this morning feeling refreshed and able to tackle the week.

Barb Wire Man took me on a date this weekend!  We dropped the kids off at my parent's house (thanks Mom and Dad!), and left listening to Little Man crying because we were leaving.  Really, we should do this more often!  (No worries, he was fine within 3 minutes!)  Barb Wire Man took me out to eat at the restaurant where we had our first date.  We always go back there when it is just the two of us!  After eating until neither of us felt like moving, we took off to the mall.  The simple fact that he took me to the mall to go shopping is a miracle.  Barb Wire Man hates the mall and shopping in general.  We walked the entire mall and did a little shopping...for me!  After we were both pretty tired, we stopped and got a pretzel, and people watched while we ate.  Let me tell you, that had to be the best part of the day.  We saw some pretty....strange things.  Either I am way out of the loop on style, or those people had no clue what style was.  In the end, Barb Wire Man thanked me for being an All-American girl who dressed in jeans and t-shirt most days.  And I thanked him for  looking like a man all the time.  Of course, no trip to Amarillo would be complete without stopping at the Harley Davidson store, where I got a new shirt, and got the kids some presents for a later date.  We looked at bikes, and as bad as we both want a new one, decided now was just not the time.  We went back to my parents, and had a wonderful dinner to celebrate my sister's and aunt's birthdays.   We all almost fell asleep on the way home, then called it an early night once we made it home safely.  Sunday was another relaxed day.  Church was wonderful, and my spirit was refreshed there. The kids played outside, and Flower discovered something really neat.....


If you can't tell, that is a dove sitting on her nest!  Flower is so excited!  We are closely monitoring the situation, and are anxiously awaiting the new baby birds that will be here soon!  I will try to remember to post pics once the little things hatch!  I just hope my dogs don't hurt them!

Only 9 more days til summer, and 10 til my baby turns 8!  Wow, how time flies!  I really should not have an 8 year old.  In my mind, I'm still, like, 18!

Much to do today.  Laundry, cleaning, you know...the fun stuff.  I hope everyone has a really blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading every single comment I get, and make every effort to respond to each one...as well as return the favor! I do allow anonymous comments. But, if you use anonymity to hide behind cowardly attacks on my faith or anything else, it will be deleted. Also, if your comment is lewd, vulgar, and full of potty mouth words, I will delete it. Thank you!