Thursday, May 19, 2011

Oh What a Beautiful Day!

I've needed this day for awhile, now!  I woke up early, and managed to get the house straightened and even dusted before 6:30.  On top of that, I got 5 loads of laundry washed, and hung them out to dry!  I'm feeling very accomplished today!

I love hanging laundry out to dry, rather than using the clothes dryer.  I love being outside, and hearing all the noises of nature.  Well, until my neighbor started cutting rock that he is using to landscape his yard.  Oh well!  The sun is still shining, it isn't too hot, and surprisingly, wasn't even too windy!

Our little mama dove in the backyard is still doing well.  Yesterday, Barb Wire Man actually touched her, because she hadn't moved in 3 days.  We thought she might actually be dead, as she didn't even flinch when she was touched!  Today, though, I noticed that she had turned the other direction.  I'm going to do some studying, though.  I think she is just sitting on those eggs and protecting them.  I wonder if they eat a lot before hand, so they don't have to leave?  I guess even in nature, mamas will do anything they have to in order to protect their young.  Unless you are an alligator, who in fact eat their young.  Frankly, some days I don't blame them!

I've also been looking into how many different uses there are for olive oil.  And you thought it was just for cooking?  Holy moly, it can be used for anything!  I've been using one of the ways here lately that I now
l-o-v-e....face cleanser.  Seriously.  The first time I thought, "Oh, please.  My oily face is going to be even oily-er (I'm allowed one new made up word per week.)"  But the total opposite happened!  My face isn't anywhere near as oily as it used to be, and my complexion is looking a whole lot better.  So hopefully soon I will have a blog about all the new ways I have learned to utilize olive oil.  If you know of some interesting ways, please, let me know!

I hope each of you has a great day!  We are only one and a half days to the weekend, so it can't be too bad!

1 comment:

  1. I'm intrigued about the whole olive oil facial cleanser because i would have thought too it would make my oily face even oily-er (I like your made-up word!)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading every single comment I get, and make every effort to respond to each one...as well as return the favor! I do allow anonymous comments. But, if you use anonymity to hide behind cowardly attacks on my faith or anything else, it will be deleted. Also, if your comment is lewd, vulgar, and full of potty mouth words, I will delete it. Thank you!