Thursday, November 10, 2011

RING RINGGGGGG!

I thought the world ended this morning, and I had gotten left behind.


My cell phone didn't work!  


It is so true that a person doesn't realize just how much they depend on something until it is gone.  Barb Wire Man left super early this morning, so I went back to bed.  He usually calls me and wakes me up, but not this morning!  Thankfully, I woke up with just enough time to get myself ready.  


I tried texting.  They all came back as undeliverable.  I tried to call out from my phone, and into it,  but got only dead air.  My very first though was "Oh crap.  I forgot to pay the bill!  Barb Wire Man is going to be some kind of mad at me!"  (Thankfully, I did not forget.  Its not even due yet!!) 


As soon as I realized the phones were working again, Barb Wire Man called me.  I was so happy to talk to him.  Just knowing that it wasn't possible for me to get in touch with him drove me crazy!  I started worrying about him.  I thought of a billion things I just had to talk to him about.  I was going through withdrawls because I couldn't talk to him!


This morning taught me two things: 
I talk to Barb Wire Man entirely too much during the day.  Seriously. We are like two teenagers who can't go 3 hours without calling the other.  Sometimes, all we do is remind the other how much we love them!  But, that is how wonderful a marriage we have!  I can't imagine what it was like being a truckers wife before there were cell phones.  I would loose my mind worrying about him!  I always know right where he is, and where he is going next. 


Secondly, it taught me that I worry too much, and instead of depending on a cell phone to keep in constant contact with my man, perhaps I should just trust that God will take care of him.  I mean, really.  Does knowing that I can talk to him at any moment keep him any safer?  (Actually, probably the opposite, since he should be driving, not talking!)


Still, I've talked to him 3 times since 9:00, and its only 1:00.  And I bet he calls me again around 1:30 or so!  Its nice being married to your best friend.


Looks like my next few weeks has gotten pretty busy, too!  In a good way!  I've gotten several knitting orders just in the last 2 days, and they will keep me occupied for a bit.  I'm also going to be teaching a few ladies how to knit soon!  My in-laws are coming this weekend, and Barb Wire Man turns 32 on Sunday!   He is getting from me what he gets every year...a new video game.  (Don't worry, its no secret.  He has to tell me what the name of the stupid game is while I'm at the store anyway!)


Now, I better get to knitting.  The little ones are all sleeping soundly, and the house is oddly quiet.  Better enjoy it while I can!


Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading every single comment I get, and make every effort to respond to each one...as well as return the favor! I do allow anonymous comments. But, if you use anonymity to hide behind cowardly attacks on my faith or anything else, it will be deleted. Also, if your comment is lewd, vulgar, and full of potty mouth words, I will delete it. Thank you!