Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A Very Geographical Supper

I love my husband, but let me tell you, he is picky.  And not just your run of the mill picky, either.  That man is picky.  Among the things he can't stand are anything not beef (excluding fried ham and bacon), unless it is roast, which he also cannot stand.  If a dish has onions it in, it is no-go, and anything that has green peppers, avacado, artichoke, olives, and mushrooms is entirely out of the question.  Does the dish have cheese in it?  Better be mozzarella, chedder, or colby, and if he even thinks there might be sour cream, feta, or cottage cheese in it, he won't touch it.  Eggs?  Yeah right.

My cooking life kinda stinks.  No Pinterest recipes for me, for the most part.  I can usually tell, just by looking at the picture, if it is something Barb Wire Man will or will not eat.  I have my tried and true recipes I know he will eat, and I rarely stray very far from them.  I figure, the man works his butt off for us, so the least I can do is make sure he has a meal he will enjoy when he gets home.  But it gets so boring for a person like me, who will eat just about anything.  In fact, I can only think of three things I cannot stomach: green peas, gorgonzola cheese, and blue cheese.  That is all.  

I did branch out a little, however, and tried a couple of new Pinterest recipes Tuesday night.  
Mississippi Roast - by far, the best roast I have EVER eaten.


Our menu was Mississippi Roast (from Pinterest), Arkansas green beans (also from Pinterest), and roasted carrots (totally made up in my head, spur of the moment).

Friends, I love roast, and I love my plain-jane, tried and true roast.  But I don't think I will ever make it that way again.  Because this Mississippi roast was uh-maz-ing.  Best part of all was even Barb Wire Man liked it.  He even went so far as to say it was good.  Normally the response is "Well, I was hungry, so I ate it."  He did say it was a bit too salty, and I agree.  Since no salt is added, I think I may toss a potato in to absorb some of the salt.

The green beans were delish.  Flower and I both had two huge helpings.  Barb Wire Man didn't even say anything at first, he just looked at me, nodded his head, and said "MMM."   Healthy?  Yeah, I wouldn't go that far, but definitely worth it!  One word of caution, however.  It makes a lot of green beans.  We will probably have them for lunch tomorrow.  And supper again tomorrow night.  And we will probably still have left overs!

I think I scored a home run this time!

You can click on the pictures, or the links on the names, and they will take you directly to the blogs with the recipes.  I cannot recommend them enough!  
Arkansas Green Beans....yum, Yum, YUM!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading every single comment I get, and make every effort to respond to each one...as well as return the favor! I do allow anonymous comments. But, if you use anonymity to hide behind cowardly attacks on my faith or anything else, it will be deleted. Also, if your comment is lewd, vulgar, and full of potty mouth words, I will delete it. Thank you!