Monday, January 28, 2013

National Tea Month

January.  January has many contenders for National *insert your favorite cause here* .  Celebration of Life Month.  International Brain Teaser Month.  National Be on Purpose Month.  January is even California Dried Plum Digestive Month.  (Say what?!)

But, best of all, January is National Hot Tea Month!
I've purchased loose teas from Teaman on Etsy a few times, and have never been disappointed! 

My mom and I have a love affair with hot tea.  We drink it from morning til night. We are picky about what types of tea we drink.  And tea pots... ooooh how I love tea pots!
LOVE this lamp from Thistle and Jug on Etsy!  


"Strange how a teapot can represent at the same time the comforts of solitude and the pleasures of company." - author unknown

Did you know that tea was discovered purely by accident? In 2737 BC, in China, Emperor Shen Nung smelled the aroma from a pot of water, into which some tea leaves had fallen, and there it was!  The first pot of tea!  Then again.....some people say early Buddhist monks discovered tea.

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." - C.S. Lewis

Tea helps bolster your bodies immune system.  It is packed full of antioxidants!
The prettiest thread catchers I have seen, from Beadinhandy on Etsy. 

It is time for another cup of tea!  Be blessed today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading every single comment I get, and make every effort to respond to each one...as well as return the favor! I do allow anonymous comments. But, if you use anonymity to hide behind cowardly attacks on my faith or anything else, it will be deleted. Also, if your comment is lewd, vulgar, and full of potty mouth words, I will delete it. Thank you!