Wednesday, September 28, 2011

30 Day Challenge - Day 10

Today's Challenge?  My guilty pleasure or pleasures....


Oh goodness...really?

OK, here goes.  A TV show that in no way reflects anything I believe.  Every Tuesday night I stay up late to watch Sons of Anarchy with Barb Wire Man.  It has horrid language, killing, drugs, and sex scenes that make me blush.  Frankly, the only thing that doesn't leave me with my jaw hitting the floor are the motorcycles.   I honestly don't know why I like watching it, but I do.  And until now, I haven't actually admitted to many people that I watch it...because really, it is pure filth.


I also hide candy.  I hide my favorite kind of candy from the rest of my family and sneak bites every now and then when no one is looking.  And if they smell the candy on my breath, and ask me about it, I pretend like I have no idea what they are talking about.


I think that is it.  I really am very much a "what you see is what you get" kind of person.  I was once told by a very wise person (that would be my mom)  that "If you feel the need to hide something, it must be wrong".


The daycare kiddos and I have been making "About me books for the last few days.  We started them last week, and should have them finished up in a few days.  Really, they aren't anything major, but they think they are fun.  On Tuesday, I helped them make their footprints, and on Monday they made their hand prints!  Little hands and feet are beautiful.  Since all the kids are 2, we are going to glue two of all type of things into the books.  Feathers, and sequins and beads, oh my!  It might get a little messy, but that is what water and soap are for, right?!


I also spent last night making fabric book covers for Flower's school books.   (Because purposefully growing mold in my kitchen isn't enough!)  They turned out pretty cool, except I learned a lesson (that I have learned before but forgotten):  do not continue sewing when you are sleepy.  I accidentally sewed the right side of one piece to the wrong side of the other piece.  So, when I turned it inside out, one side looked great, and the other side not so much!  Ooops.  Rookie mistake, but I was trying to hurry so she could have it this morning!  Barb Wire Man got a good laugh out of that one for sure.  I will post pictures....after I'm finished ripping out and resewing!


Have a blessed day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading every single comment I get, and make every effort to respond to each one...as well as return the favor! I do allow anonymous comments. But, if you use anonymity to hide behind cowardly attacks on my faith or anything else, it will be deleted. Also, if your comment is lewd, vulgar, and full of potty mouth words, I will delete it. Thank you!