Tuesday, September 27, 2011

30 Day Challenge - Day 9

If you had any job in the world, what would it be?


This one is so easy for me!


For as long as I can remember, even as a child, I only ever wanted to be a wife and a mommy (OK, all you feminists out there, go ahead and call me names!).  Well, that is what I am.


But.....


There was something else I wanted to be as a child.  An Archaeologist.


As I've grown, that hasn't gone away, only expanded.  I'd still love to be an archaeologist, but specifically a Biblical Archaeologist. I'd take up permanent residence in the Holy Land.  I'd search for treasure that helped to prove that everything written in the Old Testament actually did occur.  I'd wait impatiently for permission to be granted to dig under the Temple Mount, under the ruins of King Solomon's Temple.
I'd be best friends with Simcha Jacobovici.
I'd be the next Kathleen Kenyon.
I'd open tombs with Dr. Zahi Hawass
I'd dedicate my life to proving the historical accuracy of the Bible.
I'd love every second of it!


But, alas, my path has landed me in Texas, far from any of that.  Maybe one of these days when my children are grown......


I know it has been awhile since I've written, so I thought I'd do a little catch up!


I'm currently growing mold in my kitchen.  Purposefully.  Oh, the things we do for our children.  Flower has entered both the school science fair, as well as the school history fair.  She decided to grow a mold garden, in order to find out if all foods grow the same type of mold, and if all molds are the same.  So, sitting in old sour cream containers, I have pieces of cantaloupe, tomato, plum, bread, yogurt peach and kiwi, all growing mold.  It is awesome.


And I am discovering that the older our children get, the busier we get.  We officially have only 2 free evenings during the week.  The rest are occupied by youth church, volleyball, and girl scouts.  And because I don't know how to say no to anything, I'm usually involved in them all.  I just remind myself that this is an investment in her future, and that makes it OK.


Little Man, well, he's still just hanging out, playing with his trucks.  He has started running up to me and yelling "HEY MAMA!!!!!"  I WUB YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  It melts my heart every time!


Barb Wire Man has started a semi-new job.  He is still driving a truck, which he enjoys, but now working for a different person.  With much, much more potential.  And driving a much, much better truck.  I'll go so far as to say it was a definite answer to our prayers, and yet another way God has shown his faithfulness to Barb Wire Man and me.  


Oh, and I have to show you my new favorite thing in my house.


My friend Val, from CCWD, made this awesome sign for me!  I don't often have people just drop by to see me, and those who do know when not to come.  But there are a few people who just haven't learned (like the Schwan's Man).  So, I asked her to make me this sign, and I just got it yesterday!  I absolutely love it!!


I have to go for now.  It is nap time, and I have a huge knitting project I'd really like to get finished up soon.  I can't say what it is...at least for now!  I will post pictures later though!  Everyone have a blessed day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading every single comment I get, and make every effort to respond to each one...as well as return the favor! I do allow anonymous comments. But, if you use anonymity to hide behind cowardly attacks on my faith or anything else, it will be deleted. Also, if your comment is lewd, vulgar, and full of potty mouth words, I will delete it. Thank you!