Thursday, June 21, 2012

Blue Trucks

There's nothing like being woken up 10 minutes before one's alarm goes off.  I hope you can sense my sarcasm!  Little Man walked into our bedroom this morning exactly 10 minutes before the alarm was supposed to go off, and tried to crawl in bed with us.  I knew if he did, we would likely all fall back asleep, then we would be running behind on everything.  So, we just got out of bed.

Little Man helped me make Barb Wire Man's lunch, then we sat on the couch reading until Daddy went to work.  Little Man has gotten into the habit of crying every time Daddy leaves for work, because he wants to go, too!

I've been working with Little Man, on learning his numbers, letters, etc.  We finally got his colors down.  The thing is, he already knows this stuff.  The fact is, he just doesn't care!  We sit down to start counting, and he gets so distracted.  A typical session goes something like this:

"What number is this?"
"ONE!!!"
"Good job!  Now, what number is this?"
"Look Mommy, trucks!  That's a Peterbilt. Its blue. Daddy drived a Peterbilt."
"Tell mommy what number that is."
"It is a truck."
"Yes, I know it is a truck, but how many trucks are there?"
"They are blue."

Barb Wire Man thinks it is funny, and reminds me that I thought he didn't know his colors, but one day he popped out of bed and knew them all.  I suppose he really is getting everything I am teaching him.  He is just filing it away under the "I don't really care right now but I might need it someday" portion of his brain.

His teachers are going to love him.  And if they put him and all the daycare kids in the same class?  Well, I feel sorry for that teacher.  She already needs a raise!

I'm adding 3 new listings to Etsy today!  You'll have to pop over and check this, and this!  These two are handmade, but the third (which isn't up just yet) is vintage! I found it at a local antique store, and thought it was really pretty.  I have no use for it, and no where to put it.  I have no idea why I bought it, except that I thought it was pretty.  I'm sure there is someone out there who might actually have a use for it.  But until then, I guess it will just sit on my mantel!

Now, I'm off to attempt to teach Little Man his numbers, again, then make more crafts!  Have a wonderful day, and be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading every single comment I get, and make every effort to respond to each one...as well as return the favor! I do allow anonymous comments. But, if you use anonymity to hide behind cowardly attacks on my faith or anything else, it will be deleted. Also, if your comment is lewd, vulgar, and full of potty mouth words, I will delete it. Thank you!