Friday, June 22, 2012

A Day Off

I have the day off today!  That sounds really awesome, but the truth is, not much is different.  The little girl I keep during the summer isn't here today, so it is just the Little Man and I!  I woke up with Barb Wire Man, made his lunch, and got him off to work.  He told me that since I had the day off, I should go back to bed...and I thought that sounded like a great idea!  No sooner did he shut the door behind him did Little Man walk in and say "Good morning mommy!  I sleeped good!"  So much for going back to bed!  We laid in mommy's bed for a few minutes and watched cartoons, but Little Man has the attention span of a gnat.  About the time I got really comfortable he informed me that I needed to go get him food and milk.  Well, alrighty then!

Now, the good thing about not going back to sleep is that I already got several new listings up on 13 Plum Knitting!  And, I am getting this post written pretty early, albeit with Little Man sitting in my lap.  He climbed up in my lap and said "I need to rest in your lap mommy.  Keep doing your works, mommy.  I will sit with you and help you!"  He makes me heart happy!  


I talked with Flower last night!  She is out visiting her dad, step-mom, and two sisters in South Carolina for the summer.  I miss her.  Boy, do I miss her.  She sounded great, and was having lots of fun.  She is on a swim team out there, and doing really great!  I'm so proud of that girl.  She is growing up so fast, and becoming a beautiful young lady.  She won't be back in Texas until July 12th, and I am so ready to see her.    She always helps me cook supper.  She is one of my running buddies. She's my conversation buddy.  It is the little things that make me miss her the most.

My children make me so happy. I was so disgusted a few nights back while watching the news.  Within the first 3 minutes of the news,  they reported on 4 different stories about children being abused.  I will never, ever be able to comprehend how a person can behave that way towards children.  I cannot look at my children and see anything but love.  It is my personal opinion that there is a special place in hell reserved for anyone who harms a child.

Anyhow, now that I am off my little soap box for the day, I must get going.  Little Man and I have big plans to go to the library, and park today!  I did mention earlier that I had already gotten some new listings up on 13 Plum Knitting!  I'd love for you to check them out!  Not only that, but I still have 7 more listings to get listed as well!  Be sure to check back....they are all petty adorable if you ask me!



Don't forget today is Mega Swag Day over on Swagbucks!  If you aren't already signed up to use Swagbucks, you really should!  I've accumulated nearly 2,000 points, which is about enough to get a free $20 Paypal gift card!  That's like....free money!  WOOHOO!

Have a wonderful Friday, everyone, and be blessed!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading every single comment I get, and make every effort to respond to each one...as well as return the favor! I do allow anonymous comments. But, if you use anonymity to hide behind cowardly attacks on my faith or anything else, it will be deleted. Also, if your comment is lewd, vulgar, and full of potty mouth words, I will delete it. Thank you!