Monday, June 18, 2012

Gardening Day

So, my blog has had some issues.  I have no idea what happened, but I signed on the other day, and everything was all messed up.  My designs were changed, and everything was off kilter.  I'll admit, I struggled to not cry.  And I was really, really angry.  BUT....after much frustration and a few dirty words, I have almost whipped blogger back into submission.  I'm not quite finished with it yet, but hopefully by the end of today, maybe tomorrow, everything will be looking just perfect again!

I was pleasantly surprised yesterday morning when I went out to check on my garden!  Between the dog digging my garden up, the flooding every time it rained, and the crazy amounts of hail that crushed it I had resigned myself to the fact that all my worked would be for naught.  I was wrong!  My tomatoes plants are full of green tomatoes, with a slight pinkish hue.  Woohoo!

A bunch of cherry tomatoes

Honestly, the only thing I want right now is a juicy homegrown tomato!  My cucumbers and green beans are flowering, so I know it won't be too long before I have a harvest.

I didn't know potato blooms were so pretty!

Cucumber bloom



The potatoes are almost taking the entire garden over.  When I planted them, I had no idea how huge they would get.  In fact, I may have to pull them up just to make room for the other plants!  One of my corn plants has a tassel on it, too!  


It might not be the tallest corn ever, but it has a tassel!




When I first got the idea for this garden, it was full of rocks.  I nearly broke my back trying to get all those rocks out, but I did.  As I pulled all those tiny rocks out, I thought about the parable of seed being sown on rocky soil.  I prayed that God would make this garden produce fruit...just as He could take a rocky heart in which the Seed had been planted, and make it produce fruit also.  I was about to give up on my garden, but was reminded that God doesn't give up on our rocky hearts, either.  

Lavender flowers are so beautiful, and the entire plant smells SO yummy!


I have quite a bit to do today.  I already have the laundry washed and hanging out on the line.  I did that first thing this morning, once I heard it was supposed to be 100 degree today. I weeded the garden.  My mom and daddy brought me some fresh apricots yesterday, so I have another batch of apricot preserves to make!  (If you want some, let me know!  I do need to raise the price from $3 to $5 a jar, however, because, well, it just costs more than that to make!)  I' did get a few more things added to my Etsy site!    Here is a sample of what you'll see if you visit 13 Plum Creations:

In the following days, I will be updating sponsorships here on the blog.  So, if you have a small craft business, and you are interested in getting the word out, let me know!  Up above, there is a page you can click on that takes you to the rates and info about a sponsorship on my blog.  I'd love to have you!


Have a blessed day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading every single comment I get, and make every effort to respond to each one...as well as return the favor! I do allow anonymous comments. But, if you use anonymity to hide behind cowardly attacks on my faith or anything else, it will be deleted. Also, if your comment is lewd, vulgar, and full of potty mouth words, I will delete it. Thank you!