Friday, December 10, 2010

Will It Ever End?!

You know, it seems like sometimes, the odds are just stacked against you.  Instead of spacing themselves out, difficult situations just hit you all at one time. 

This is one of those times for my girl.

She was so very excited to go to school this morning, because they were going on a field trip!  And mommy was going with her class!!  Without brother!!!  Tomorrow was going to be a perfect day!! 

But, when I kissed her goodnight last night, I recognized a few tell-tale signs.  I fell asleep praying "Lord, please, please, please don't let her get strep again.  Not tomorrow!!  Not this close to her surgery!"

She has strep.  Again.  And right on schedule, too.  I mean, almost to the day she gets it every thirty days. 

No school.  No field trip.  No special Mommy-time.  Instead, she gets to go lay in her bed, while brother and three daycare kids play in the living room.  "Its not fair, Mommy," she said, "I just wanted to have fun with you today!  Why do I have to keep getting this!?" 

I explained exactly how she gets strep, and how the surgery will help.  "Well, call my doctor today, and tell him that we need to get those tonsils out today.  Just call my Nana.  She will come keep all these kids and brother, I know she will.  And Papa will help you while I am in surgery.  They always help me, because I;m their favorite person!"

Well, the part about Nana and Papa is true.

So today, I will call the doctor.  I so hope this doesn't effect her scheduled surgery. 

So, I ask you to pray for her.  Please pray she will recover quickly, and that we can still have the surgery so this doesn't happen again!  Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading every single comment I get, and make every effort to respond to each one...as well as return the favor! I do allow anonymous comments. But, if you use anonymity to hide behind cowardly attacks on my faith or anything else, it will be deleted. Also, if your comment is lewd, vulgar, and full of potty mouth words, I will delete it. Thank you!