Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thrifty Thursday

I don't know about you, but I am already for the holidays to be over, and schedules back to normal!  I love the holidays, but my head is going in forty different directions! And, like I tell my husband, I am good, but not that good!

I have been sewing alot lately.  I have only gotten 2 of the 7 pajama sets finished.  But, seeing as I have 3 little boys under the age of 2 with  me every day, on top of the every day things I have, on top of being a Girl Scout Leader, on top of being a part time single mom when the Barb Wire man is on road, I think I am doign pretty decently!  My mom may be coming over to help me out this weekend, and I am so looking forward to that.  I can trace so many childhood memories to the clickity clack of my mom and grandma's sewing machines, so getting to chat with my mom while sewing with her is one of my favorite things.  That and she is a pro at sewing and cutting patterns, and Lord knows I could use the help! 

Still, I am convinced that making the pajamas, along with all the other things I am making, will save me a bundle.  Even with paying $4.00 a yard for the 12 yards of flannel!  ("But mom!  I LOVE that one!  Please mommy?  They will love it too I know!")  Ahh well.  One of these days she won't want to be caught dead in clothes that I made her, so I might as well buy the print she likes now. 

How are some of the ways you save money during the holidays?  Well, I am waiting on a call to come in from my hubby, and still have lots to accomplish before this day is over, so I better get going. 

But first, Chanuka Sameach! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading every single comment I get, and make every effort to respond to each one...as well as return the favor! I do allow anonymous comments. But, if you use anonymity to hide behind cowardly attacks on my faith or anything else, it will be deleted. Also, if your comment is lewd, vulgar, and full of potty mouth words, I will delete it. Thank you!