Barb Wire Man did get me a gift! I was surprised that he even got me something, but he did great! My neighbor's have a ton of antiques, and I am a sucker for antiques. I love them. She had a huge, and I mean huge pressure cooker that had all the accouterments, including the original book (which is dated 1959). Its so big, you can put two levels of jars in it when canning. I really, really wanted it. She also had a beautiful silver tea serving set on a silver platter. Since I collect tea pots, I really, really wanted it. Barb Wire Man got me both! The set set went straight up on the shelves where I keep my tea pots, and the pressure cooker is sitting on my stove. Its so big, I can't even get it in my cabinets....I'll figure something out. He did good. He doesn't often get me gifts, but when he does, he gets me exactly the things I have been wanting! Thank you, babe...I love you!
Now, onto the challenge.
Write 15 interesting facts about yourself.
Well, you asked for it.
- I have more energy than a hummingbird on speed.
- I haven't cut my hair in about 5 years.
- I have really great handwriting, and am quite anal about it. I've been known to re-write to do lists because I didn't like my handwriting, and sometimes just a note to a friend takes 3 or 4 tries before it looks just perfect! bad hand writing annoys me, too!
- I love music. I can't even begin to tell you how varied my musical style is. I love old country and new country. I love the Blues. I love Grunge, Hair Metal and Hard Rock. I like alternative. I love Christian. I even love Classical. I can't stand rap or hip hop. Basically, I like music in which the band actually plays their own music, and it takes more than five minutes to write the lyrics.
- I'm hopelessly addicted to the History Channel, even though it often makes me mad.
- I wear long skirts nearly every single day. I hate wearing jeans, and think they are incredibly uncomfortable, but do it occasionally because Barb Wire Man likes it.
- I'm a daddy's girl. Always have been, and I don't see that ever changing.
- I think it would be a blast to live off-grid. Barb Wire Man thinks its a ridiculous idea.
- I would really love to have 2 more kids. Again, Barb Wire Man thinks it is a ridiculous idea!
- I don't have many close female friends. I have a handful...some I have known forever, and some I am just getting to know. Having a few who really know me and still love me is better than having a million who don't understand me.
- I once wrecked a mo-ped. Just ask my friend Melinda. I still have the scars to prove it.
- I have no tattoos. Haven't decided if I really want on, either, but I do have my belly pierced. And I totally rock the pierced-belly look.
- I have a really horrible memory. And I mean really bad. I can run to the store that is only a few blocks away from my house and have to call my husband to remind me what I need.
- I once asked that God would never allow me to be rich, because I didn't want it to change who I am. I told Him I only wanted enough to cover what I needed. He answered that prayer....Barb Wire Man has asked me to change my prayer!
- You can always expect to never know what to expect from me. My own mom sometimes raises her eyebrows at me. But some things will never change. I love the Lord,my husband, my children, my state, my friends, knitting, and tea....and in that order, too. Yes, those things will never change.