Monday, October 3, 2011

30 Day Challenge - Day 13

Day 13:  Somewhere I'd like to move or visit.

Well this one is an easy question!

I'd never move...at least not from Texas anyway.  I love Texas, and my family has been here for 10 generations, so I guess you could say we are quite vested in it!  I've even gone so far as to tell my husband that asking me to move out of Texas is almost divorce worthy.  (OK, not really.  He goes, I go...but he gets my drift!)

I want to visit Israel.  I've wanted to for as long as I can remember.  I've written in other posts the reasons, but I want to see the history.  I want to walk and touch the history.

I want to go to Ireland and Scotland.  My mom's family is Irish, and my dad's family is Scottish so I'd love to see some of the castles that family stories say once belonged to us.  I am moved by their music and speech.

I want to go to Norway.  Mike's family is Norwegian, and aside from the stories I have heard them tell, don't know much about the country.  I think it would be neat to learn more about their culture.  But, I'm not so sure about all of their food.  As long as someone will serve me Kringla while I am there, all will be well.

I think I would also enjoy visiting Washing D.C. and Virginia.  I'd like to see some Civil War sites, and our national landmarks.  (I think maybe I have a friend or two I could visit while I was there!)

I do not want to visit New York.  I know, I know...call me un-American.  But really, I don't.  No offense to anyone who lives and loves it there, but you have to understand...I live in a town with less than 20,000 people, and it is actually a pretty big town for this area!  We have two major streets, and everyone owns at least one car, usually two.  I can drive less than 5 minutes, and be in the wide open countryside, with nothing to see but the grass, sky, and more than likely a herd of cows.  Big cities are not for me in anyway.  I'm sure its a great city, but I get this mental image of myself in New York.  It involves me going into a nervous breakdown because there are so many people and buildings. I can't imagine looking ahead and not being able to see the countryside.

So, there you have it.  Anywhere with wide open spaces will be good for me!

2 comments:

  1. good picks! not the usuals, thats why i love it. i want to go to Bangkok so bad. Thailand has always intrigued me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only you would get this, Ashley, but I totally think smuggling Bibles into China would be a rockin' vacation!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading every single comment I get, and make every effort to respond to each one...as well as return the favor! I do allow anonymous comments. But, if you use anonymity to hide behind cowardly attacks on my faith or anything else, it will be deleted. Also, if your comment is lewd, vulgar, and full of potty mouth words, I will delete it. Thank you!