Friday, October 29, 2010

Blessings from the Lord on Fantastic Friday!

Good Friday to you all!  We have succesfully made it through another week!!!!

A dear friend of mine has been on my mind a lot for the last few days, and her struggle has made me realize that I need to open my eyes and see my blessings a little more clearly.   

The Bible tells us that children are a blessing from the Lord.  I don't know about you, but some days, I find that hard to grasp.  There are some days I just want to throw my hands up and yell "WHY DID I EVER WANT KIDS!!!!!!????" 




A wise woman (that would be my mom) once told me "What we do in moderation our children do in excess."  All I have to say about that is....oh shit.

My little 7 year old Flower is a challenge.  If she is this big a handful now, I am scared to death to face 13.  In fact, I know the problem.  She is just like me, and I see so much of myself in her.  And frankly, I just don't want her facing the same struggles I have.  I don't want her to be just like  me!!  My little Wild Man is just like his daddy.  Heaven help us all, because I know what my husband did "in moderation". 








But, then I think of my friend April.  She and her husband have been struggling with infertility, and want nothing more than a child of their own.  You can read about it at http://aprilific.blogspot.com/.  It makes me take pause and wonder what my life would be like without my children.  At first I think of all the things I could do with no children, but each thought is followed by a reason I would rather have my children.

Why, I could jump on the Harley with my husband, without finding a babysitter, and never worry about how two little angels would be left alone if we were to have a wreck.  Then it dawns on me that they need me.  Only me.  Even Nana and Papa wouldn't suffice, and Nana and Papa are their favorite people in the world!

I could go to the store and spend literally a fraction of what I spend now.  But I would have no excuse to buy animal crackers, ice cream sandwiches, and play dough.  I wouldn't have a little girl walking beside me, who is learning even now how to be a mommy and make wise decisions.  Learning that from me!

I could sleep until I woke up on my own!!!  But I wouldn't have my little girl to smile and say "Good morning, Mommy!" and throw her arms around my neck each morning.  I wouldn't see the joy in my son's eyes when he realizes "YAY!  My mommy is holding me again this morning!"

I could go on and on.

I am not one to question God.  He has proven time after time that all things work out for my good, because I love Him.  But I often wonder why He chooses to bless people with children, and they don't care!  Why do they hurt their babies?  Why do they treat them like pains?  Why do they put themselves before their kids?  Why are there so many little ones just begging for a mommy and daddy to love them!?  WHY!?!?!?!

There are those who have decided not to have children, and in no way am I saying that is wrong....NO WAY.  I am talking about people who have kids and just don't care.  It makes me so angry!!!!

I shall step off my soapbox now, and go back to my previous statement.  I trust my God.  I know that He loves those babies, and He holds them in the palm of his hand-just as He holds me and my children.  Just like He hold the parents of those poor babies....just waiting for them to open their eyes to see the blessings in front of them.  "I'm sorry Lord for questioning you.....you are in control, and just want people to see how much You love us." 

Back to my friend.  I know God will bless her.  She knows God will bless her, too.  And if He doesn't choose to bless her with a child of her own I believe he will use her to bless the hurting soul of a child that was unwanted. 

"Thank you, Lord, for my children.  Thank you for blessing me.  Help me love my children the way you want me to."




1 comment:

  1. 1/30/10
    Empty Hands

    Their hands.
    The mothers on my aisle—
    I’ve noticed their hands.
    Their hands are always busy;
    They quietly separate children
    Or lift a hushing finger to their lips.
    They hand out puzzles or little
    Sandwich bags full of Cheerios.
    They rock the little ones or
    Smooth a toddler’s wayward hair.
    And I glance at my own hands—
    They lie empty, still,
    Motionless on my lap.
    My hands.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading every single comment I get, and make every effort to respond to each one...as well as return the favor! I do allow anonymous comments. But, if you use anonymity to hide behind cowardly attacks on my faith or anything else, it will be deleted. Also, if your comment is lewd, vulgar, and full of potty mouth words, I will delete it. Thank you!