Monday, July 16, 2012

Flower, Canyons, and Recovery!

Saturday morning I woke up bright and early. Actually, I woke up so early there was no bright about it...it was still pitch dark outside. I filled up my coffee cup, and set out to the Palo Duro Canyon to meet Flower and her step mom! I was so excited! I had to set my cruise control to keep from speeding to get there. I had a two hour drive in front of me to get to the Canyon, and I was alone. I turned on some praise music and turned it up pretty loudly.  I stopped on the side of the road to take this picture, right before it started to rain.


I left my window rolled down, could smell the wonderful fragrance of the rain, and was admiring the beautiful West Texas sunrise.  The beauty of the Canyon was just coming into sight.  I was singing along to the worship music, and knew I was about to see the biggest blessing God has ever given me.  I was simply overwhelmed by the awesomeness of God.


I reached the starting line of the Palo Duro Hot Dog Race, and was there just a little bit before my sweet girl got there.  When she did, we both ran over to each other.  That was the best hug I have had in a long time!  Honestly, I immediately started crying!  I was so excited to see my baby's face I couldn't help it!

Flower and I helped transport the racers to and from where they needed to be, and cheered her step-mom on as she ran the second leg of the relay (you can run the whole race, but they also have relay teams).  Then, we went up to the top of the hill known as "The Lookout" and waited at the finished line with Flower's step-mom and step-sister.  I was so amazed at how quickly some of the runners were able to finish the race.  They made it look so easy!


The hardest part of the race is the final hill to the finish point.  In that picture, we are at the finish line....don't the runner look small?  It is a pretty big hill!

Flower and I left, and went to visit my parents.  Flower is incredibly close to them, and she wanted to go see them.  We went to lunch, then killed time.  I had a surprise party planned for Flower, so we couldn't be home until 6:30!

I'm so thankful for Barb Wire Man, our bestest of friends, and my parents.  While we were out wasting time, they were at my house decorating, and setting out food for the party.  When we pulled into the driveway of our house, and she saw the "welcome home" sign, she was shocked!  She had no idea, and could hardly believe it!

Once she saw Barb Wire Man, we could hardly pry her off of him!  Then, she saw Little Man, and her best friend.  Little Man wouldn't let her out of his sight!  I think he was happier than anyone that she was home!

We had a great party, but that day was so...incredibly....long.  I ended up being awake for 21 hours.  On Sunday, Little Man woke us up around 7AM.  We came into the living room, and Flower and I fell back asleep on the couch!  Barb Wire Man came into the living room at some point, and fell back asleep on the floor!  Little Man was the only one who did not fall back asleep, so the kids ate a quick bite for lunch and he went to take a nap.  Flower and I went into my room to watch Mirror Mirror and guess what?  I fell back asleep, and so did Flower.  Barb Wire Man fell back asleep on the couch while watching Nascar!  (I'm telling you, we were all exhausted!  We woke up around 5PM, and ate supper.  By 9:00, both of the kids were already in bed, and fell asleep within minutes.  We weren't too far behind!  Our bodies apparently needed the rest!

I thank God that my baby girl is home, and my family is all together.  The sweetest thing was waking up, and being able to snuggle with both of my children on Sunday morning.  I have been blessed beyond belief.  I have an amazing family.  Nothing compares to that.  Period.

Be blessed today!

1 comment:

  1. The Photos are AWESOME!!!! I bet your glad to have your baby home safe and sound! =)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading every single comment I get, and make every effort to respond to each one...as well as return the favor! I do allow anonymous comments. But, if you use anonymity to hide behind cowardly attacks on my faith or anything else, it will be deleted. Also, if your comment is lewd, vulgar, and full of potty mouth words, I will delete it. Thank you!