Monday, July 9, 2012

Wonderful Epic Weekends!

This weekend was truly one of the best I have had in forever!  When I woke up on Sunday morning, my stomach hurt...from laughing so hard on Saturday night.  God has blessed Barb Wire Man and me with some of the best friends a person could ask for!  We are all so alike, and all of our kids are the same age.  So perfect!  More on that later!
My friend, Tessa and I

I had to wake up bright and early Saturday morning to set up for the craft show.  I shared a booth with one of my friends here in town, and we had several hours to just sit and chat.  It was so nice!  We did pretty well at the show, although we had hoped to do better.  It wasn't as good as we hoped, but wasn't as bad as we expected for sure.  We made some sales, and passed out tons of business cards. We stayed at the park until around 4:30 or so, and finally packed it up because we were HOT!  Overall, I was pretty please with how it went, and hope they do it again next year!
Firework pictures never turn out like I want them to!

Later, Barb Wire Man, Little Man and I went to cook out with our awesome friends and their kids.  We ate burgers, then loaded up to watch our town's firework display.  This was the first fireworks display that the little boys had seen, and they thought it was amazing!  (As I went through pictures Sunday morning, Little Man sat there saying "oooh...ahhhh...oh I love that one" just like he did the night before!)
This year's show was great! 

After the fireworks show, we went back to their house.  We had a few drinks.  Our guys smoked cigars.
Our kids, after we picked them up off the floor!


The kids played so hard they literally fell asleep on the floor surrounded by the toys they were playing with.  Chairs were broken. Golf balls magically fell from the sky.  We laughed until we couldn't breathe, and we can't wait to do it again.

The night can only be described as epic.

God has blessed us with some of the most amazing friends, truly.  I don't know how we made it this long without knowing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading every single comment I get, and make every effort to respond to each one...as well as return the favor! I do allow anonymous comments. But, if you use anonymity to hide behind cowardly attacks on my faith or anything else, it will be deleted. Also, if your comment is lewd, vulgar, and full of potty mouth words, I will delete it. Thank you!