Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Learning to be Content

Typically, I am a very happy person, but today, I think I just need to vent.

I love the book of Phillipians; one of my favorite verses are is in that book.

Phillipians 4:11-12
Not that I speak from want; for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need.


I've tried to learn to be content in any and all situations.  And for  the most part, I am.  


Here lately, though, I've just been...bummed.  Please don't take this as griping, because I'm not.  God has everything under control, even when I feel powerless.  That is when He speaks to me the most.  When things get the worst, God is usually up to His best.  My job is to allow him to take control.


I hate when feelings of inadequacy slip in.  I hate when I allow others to make me feel that way.  What others say about me, or to me, or do to me, should not matter; I know to whom Who I belong.


I shouldn't allow myself to be scared about what my future holds.  It really isn't up to another person, even if they are the one who seemingly makes decisions that alter my life.   My life isn't in their hands.  I know they think it is, but it isn't!


Just because I'm a Christian does not mean my life is always going to be perfect.  Quite the opposite in fact!  I know I will go through tough periods, and I know I will go through really great periods, too.  I just have to remember that my life is in His hands.  He will make every situation perfect.  He will fulfill His promises to me.


OK, venting is over now.  I think maybe I have convinced myself out of my pitiful state.  


Have a great day, and be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading every single comment I get, and make every effort to respond to each one...as well as return the favor! I do allow anonymous comments. But, if you use anonymity to hide behind cowardly attacks on my faith or anything else, it will be deleted. Also, if your comment is lewd, vulgar, and full of potty mouth words, I will delete it. Thank you!