Monday, January 3, 2011

Back to the Grind

I am officially off vacation.  I'm sad about not getting to spend every waking moment with just my kids and nothing planned, but glad to get back into the swing of things.  I'm also going to love the paycheck I haven't gotten for the last two weeks!  And I can't complain, either.  I mean, all my daycare kids are the children of teachers.  How many other jobs give you two weeks off at the holidays?!

My Flower goes back to school tomorrow, too.  She is so ready, and frankly, so am I.  I love her, and love spending time with her.  But she is such an active child, and her brain goes 4 million times faster than anyone else can keep up with!  School helps her express herself more creatively and with different outlets, so it will be good for her.  (That is a nice way of saying the girl has worn me out.  I can't keep up with her!)

I've started on one of my goals of using up all the scrap yarn in my collection.  I started by making a gazillion little  knit flowers that I am turning into hair clips, and ponytail ties.  Now I am on to making the tiniest little preemie hats!  They are so adorable, knit up fast, and will be put to use.  I plan on donating the majority of them to our local children's hospital for the preemies in the NICU.  One of my daycare babies was born at 23 weeks, and was so little.  I started keeping her when she was 4 months old.  However, she still was not as developed as most new borns!  She will be 2 in May, and is the most adorable, happy child I have ever seen!  So I think I will donate them in her name.

Now, off to search the Internet for craft shows in my area.  A friend and I are determined to work no less than 2 craft shows every month for some extra cashola.  If you know of any, let me know!

Enjoy your first week of 2011, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading every single comment I get, and make every effort to respond to each one...as well as return the favor! I do allow anonymous comments. But, if you use anonymity to hide behind cowardly attacks on my faith or anything else, it will be deleted. Also, if your comment is lewd, vulgar, and full of potty mouth words, I will delete it. Thank you!