Monday, November 8, 2010

Memory Monday, November 8, 2010

Good morning!  It has been quite an eventful week at our house, and uneventful at the same time.  We did a lot of nothing, just recovering from the wicked stomach bug that attack not only our family, but all the day care families as well.  Boy, I hate the stomach bug! 

The weekend was spent sterilizing every surface of my home!  My main thought was "I should have purchased stock in the bleach company!"

I did manage to get a few others things done, as well!  I cut out 5 aprons, and managed to get 3 sewn!  I have been sewing alot lately, as I find it quite relaxing.  (I hate cutting, though!)  As I sat there listening to the clicka-clicka-clicka-clicka of my machine, memories suddenly flooded over me.  I sat down to begin sewing, and realized "crap, I left the pin magnet on the ironing board.  So, I had to get right back up.  A picture flashed through my mind of how many times I saw my mom do the same exact thing!  I remember how she so often started doing alot of sewing about this time of year, and when she did, we were not allowed to see what she was making.  We always got something handmade from mom.  My favorite was when she made me a bed cover, pillowcase and pillow for my bedroom.  I actually still have that!

Sunday was an early morning for us.  Those of us with children do not get an extra hour of sleep.  Bright and early my son was up at 6:00...oy!  But I did have a nice L-O-N-G Sunday to accomplish alot!  I sat down with my daughter and showed her how to sew.  I don't think she cared for it much.  The idea of sewing fascinated her, but actually doing it really discouraged her.  Maybe she just needs to be a little older.  She did sew a couple hems on her apron, but I finished it up.  To hear her tell the story, though, she sewed it all by herself!!!!!

Yes, it was a wonderful, lazy day spent with my family.  I love days like those.  Today, it is back to the grind....

On Wednesday, I have a great business to tell you all about, called Sporkful Designs.  I can't wait to tell you all about it! 

I do have a question for you today, though, and would love as many opinions as possibly!  My Granny recently gave me an Amish cookbook, with the most delectably delightful homemade bread recipe in it.  How many of you make your own bread?  Would you buy frozen loaves of bread from someone for the holidays, if all you had to do was let it rise and bake?  A family member has considered doing this in her hometown, and I thought it was a great idea.  What are your opinions of this?

I hope you all have a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading every single comment I get, and make every effort to respond to each one...as well as return the favor! I do allow anonymous comments. But, if you use anonymity to hide behind cowardly attacks on my faith or anything else, it will be deleted. Also, if your comment is lewd, vulgar, and full of potty mouth words, I will delete it. Thank you!