Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tea Time Tuesday

Do you ever just feel like your life is just spiraling down around you, and you are powerless to do anything about it?

Welcome to my world.

Last week and this week has been a real test of my patience, faith, and even some relationships.  The coming weeks will be further tests, no doubt.

If you ask my family and friends who knew me when I was younger, "patience" is not a word they would have used to describe me.  Two husbands, two kids, and a daycare later, I have extreme patience. 

However....I have ZERO patience for lies, gossip, and stupidity.  Those three things I just cannot tolerate!  I call things like I see them, and I speak my mind.  I wasn't always that way, but once I started....ahhhhh......a sense of relief came over me.  I started telling people "No".  I stopped pretending like I was interested in the gossip people told me, and most people stopped even bothering to tell me their gossip.  95% of gossip is a lie anyhow. 

But there are a few who actually resented that fact that I did not cater to their gossip.  A few who even went so far as to deceitfully bring me into their stories, and cause a lot of pain for alot of people.  After a confrontation of the people involved (because I refuse to sit on my haunches and allow people to destroy me like that) a couple of relationships were lost, but you know what?  Those aren't the type of relationships I want anyhow. 

I'm thankful I have a God in whom I can place my trust. 

My husband has been presented with a job opportunity, and we are just waiting on final words back from all involved.  In a way, its going to be great for our family. A lot of financial stress will be relieved, for certain.  But it is also going to test the determination of our family.  I am beyond thankful for the unbelievable amount of trust my husband and I have with each other, and the amount of love we have for each other.  We may be going days, if not weeks, without seeing each other, and that is going to be hard.  Really, really hard.  That man is my best friend.  But God has proven Himself to me time, after time, after time.  And I have to have faith that if this is His plan for us, He will see us through it.  I am also thankful that I won't be alone.  My closest friend will be right there with me, going through the same thing.  Our husbands will be going through the same things.  This will be a totally new experience for us!  It is scary and exciting at the same time.  I feel like I am walking into a pitch dark room, having to trust that there is a floor beneath me, and someone will switch the light on!

Thanks for letting me vent today!  I'm sure many of you know how I feel!  Tomorrow, I have an awesome Etsy shop to tell you about and can't wait!  And tomorrow, the week will be half over.....YAY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading every single comment I get, and make every effort to respond to each one...as well as return the favor! I do allow anonymous comments. But, if you use anonymity to hide behind cowardly attacks on my faith or anything else, it will be deleted. Also, if your comment is lewd, vulgar, and full of potty mouth words, I will delete it. Thank you!