Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tea Time Tuesday

Good morning!  Last night was a long one here at my house.  It is just 3 minutes until 9AM, and let me tell you, I am ready for a nap!  The dry air here is wreaking havoc with everyone in my family, especially with my little man and me.  Just about the time I got my coughing under control last night, his started acting up.  He could barely catch his breath.  At 12:30 I ended up having to change his jammies and sheets.  Then mine hit again!  Finally, at about 2:30 this morning I went to sleep on the couch so I didn't keep my poor hubby awake all night long.  Even still, I am reminded that today is a blessing!  I certainly don't deserve to even have this day, so I will make the most of it I can!

COMING SOON TO A BLOG NEAR YOU......
I am so excited to tell you all that I have some awesome giveaways coming up, as well as some information on some really neat Etsy businesses! 

Many of you know I cannot stand having to go to places like Walmart   Target  Big Huge We Have It All to shop.  If it were up to me, everything I buy would be hand- and home-made.  I try to support home-owned, mom and pop shops and much as possible.  I take pride in the fact that instead of funding some huge corporation by buying chemically diapers, my son wears cloth diapers made by a lady who stays at home with her children.  I am the mom who creates things with her hands and sells them, to make a few extra bucks for my family.  My husband is a semi-truck driver, who works long hours to support our family, so I do whatever I can to help him.  Folks, there are so many other families like mine out there, and I want to do as much as I can to help them out, just as they help me out.  Sometimes it is more expensive, but not always.  But for me, paying a little bit more to know that a mom is helping support her family is WORTH it to me.

There is a huge movement leaning towards buying all natural, hand-made, locally grown, etc., and I think it is just wonderful.  I hope that you will enjoy reading about these Etsy and Hyena Cart shops I will be reviewing in the near future.  With Christmas coming up soon, I hope you, too, will consider shopping on sites like http://www.etsy.com/, and http://www.hyenacart.com/.  There is a huge world out there away from Walmart, Target, and such!  Expand your horizons!

And now, I must go.  I myself have some Christmas orders to fill for some customers!  My fingers will be busily knitting for the next few weeks making shawls, blankets, and even a few scarves.  I do have quite a lot up on my website, so won't you start your shopping now?!  Take a visit, and let me know what you think!
http://hyenacart.com/13plumknittedcreations

I hope you all have a blessed day!  Remember....this IS the day that the Lord has Made....REJOICE and be glad in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading every single comment I get, and make every effort to respond to each one...as well as return the favor! I do allow anonymous comments. But, if you use anonymity to hide behind cowardly attacks on my faith or anything else, it will be deleted. Also, if your comment is lewd, vulgar, and full of potty mouth words, I will delete it. Thank you!