Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Winning Wednesdays - V*Dazzled!

My Granny once told me that a lady never leaves the house without earrings and lipstick. 

Guess I'm not a lady!  I'm lucky if I have time to put on makeup, and even luckier if I find a pair of earrings in the inside-zipper pouch of the diaper bag.  But, that doesn't mean I don't have a love for jewelry!  In fact, my great-grandfather was a gemologist, and also made very fine silver jewelry inset with gemstones.  Anyhow, I am getting off topic.

Take a look at these beautiful earrings that were sent to me!



Aren't the pretty!? I just love them!  These beautiful earrings were made by Victoria Ruhl, owner of V*Dazzled on Etsy! 





Victoria, only 26, began her business in August of 2010, though she has been making jewelry for over a year.  Looking at these earrings up close, however, you would think she has been doing it for a lifetime.  Victoria has taken a class in jewelry making, although I am wondering to myself how in the world she had time, because she is a grad student, studying to get her PhD in cancer biology!  Now, normally here I would insert a witty comment about over achievers, but will refrain this time!!

Victoria spends all day in the lab studying, then spends any free time she has designing and creating her jewelry.  Victoria says this is a great way to relax, and get her mind off school.  She lives in Massachusets, which I would venture to guess is quite beautiful this time of year!

One of my favorite sections on V*Dazzled is the bracelets for cancer.  Some of you know, but some don't, that both of my grandmothers had breast cancer.  Thankfully, by God's grace, they were both treatable.  I'm thankful for people like Victoria, who are "over-acheivers".....I mean, people like me certainly won't find a cure for cancer! 



V*Dazzled also offers necklaces, earrings, and bracelets, all of which are absolutely gorgeous, so it might be hard to pick a favorite!





Now, those beautiful blue earrings?  All mine.  However....Victoria also sent a pair just like them, in teal, and they are all yours to win!  Victoria was kind enough to send a pair for me, and a pair for you!   How in the world do you win these earrings?  So glad you asked!!!

1.)  You must be a follower of my blog. That gets you one entry.

2.)  Take a look at V*Dazzled on Etsy, then come back here and leave me a comment telling me what your favorite item in her shop was.  Its going to be hard because its all pretty!!!

3.)  Tweet, Facebook, or blog about this giveaway, and include a link to Victoria's site.  Leave an additional comment letting me know you did so!

Please leave a separate comment for each thing you do, that way I don't accidentally miss something!

The contest will last until midnight (Central Time) on Monday November 22rd, so tell everyone you know!  I will announce the winner on my Tea Time Tuesday post!  Good luck, and remember the one thing I always try to remind people of....if we all make even one purchase from a small business we can change the way our economy is!  This country is run by people like Victoria and me...and YOU.  When we are succesfull, so is our country!

13 comments:

  1. Following your blog
    purple.pixies2005@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Favorite item is http://www.etsy.com/listing/59336409/pretty-in-pink-glass-bead-memory-wire

    purple.pixies2005@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tweeted about this
    http://twitter.com/Southern05Belle/status/4967930982834176

    purple.pixies2005@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Facebooked about this
    http://www.facebook.com/Southern05Belle

    purple.pixies2005@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Posted it on my blog
    http://southern05belle.blogspot.com/p/giveaways.html

    purple.pixies2005@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Following your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. From her etsy store I LOVE THESE!
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/59821375/purple-swarovski-crystal-and-sterling

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love autumn.. so one item that i especially liked from Victoria's store was the Fall Time Cluster Pendant

    ReplyDelete
  9. tweeted too! you can find my tweet @aprilific

    ReplyDelete
  10. Facebooked it! www.facebook.com/aprilnall

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm following your blog now. If found it from an Etsy forum. :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading every single comment I get, and make every effort to respond to each one...as well as return the favor! I do allow anonymous comments. But, if you use anonymity to hide behind cowardly attacks on my faith or anything else, it will be deleted. Also, if your comment is lewd, vulgar, and full of potty mouth words, I will delete it. Thank you!